22 June 2011

I HOPE LIKE HECK: THE SELECTED POEMS OF SARAH PALIN

"Not keen on wading through the 24,000 pages of Sarah Palin's recently-released emails? Help is at hand in the form of Michael Solomon, who has turned them into poetry.

Well, not all of them, obviously, but after some assiduous 'literary sleuthing' through the email trove, the executive editor of Byliner and former features director of The Daily Beast has 'discovered... language that was clearly intended to be poetry [and] the result is 50 previously unpublished poems by Alaska's comedic bard'. He's just published I Hope Like Heck: The Selected Poems of Sarah Palin".


One of Lyda's aides stopped me in the hall
To say the building was getting a kick
Out of my 'burnt toast' episode this morning
That caused the fire alarms to go off
For 20 minutes
And caused an evacuation.
She thought it was funny
I was cooking breakfast in the capitol
And burnt it.
I assured her
I was not in the building this morning,
I was not cooking breakfast here at any time,
And I did not burn any toast.
She looked at me warily,
I doubt she believed me.
(aqui)

(também um óptimo pretexto para recordar a não menos notável obra poética de Donald Rumsfeld)

(2011)

No comments: